Wednesday, April 28, 2021

 Memories of warm summer days

I remember those warm summer days when I was about 5, 6 or 7.  I remember the greens of the trees and grass, the blue of the sky and the yellow of the wild flowers.  The summers were so warm and we were allowed to explore.   I remember the swing set next door.  I was fascinated by the flowers the man next door grew and a learned the names of every one;  marigolds,  petunias and my favorite pansies.  The purples and golds were magical.  The neighbor dog was a big collie and we called him Lassie just like the tv dog.  I don't know if that was his name but he followed us everywhere.  We played dinkies in the driveway - no pavement back then.  We were free to wonder to the rail bed,  catch frogs and bugs.  Everything was new and exiting then. Oh to be six again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment